Friday, February 16, 2007

I love this girl

We've been avoiding the animal planet channel lately.  There's a commercial on there for the aspca and everytime it comes on, Jasmine cries.  It starts off with a song by sarah mclachlan (in the arms of an angel) and shows some abused animals.  The song is what gets her attention and then she starts to cry.  Not like a screaming cry but her lip curls and tears silently stream down her little face.  Just thinking about it makes me want to cry.  I don't know if it's the music that affects her or the animals.  It's happened several times though so something about that particular commercial is upsetting her.  I've always felt like she was a little more empathetic than most kids her age.  Sure, she can be a mean little monster with the temper of a rabid cat but she has her other moments.  Where she's tender and loving.  When you're in pain, she will hug you and pat your arm or face.  When you sneeze or cough, she goes out of her way to come rub your arm or back.  When my IBS is at it's worst, she's willing to brave the bathroom with me and pats my arm and leg the whole time we're there.  She is my little bipolar angel.   I love this kid more than I could ever love anything.  And hey who knows, maybe that commercial is just the beginning.  Maybe she'll grow up to become someone who puts a stop to animal cruelty or make tougher laws for offenders.  I don't care what she does as long as she's happy.  Although we'd have a lot more in common if that life was something containing animals.  Ok, now I'm off to curl up in bed with my little one wrapped in my arms. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She does sound particularly empathic...