Sunday, April 22, 2007

Andrew Wyeth...

I was browsing some art sites that sell stuff from my favorite artist, Andrew Wyeth.  He's fabulous.  My grandmother bought me a print of his master's bed.  It was expensive but not as expensive as one of the limited addition print I want... $15,000.  For a PRINT.  This is not an original.  I was like wow.  And here I thought almost $300 was steep for the print I'll be getting soon.  The cheapest one I found that I liked was $5000.  Oh, but those were hand signed by him as well.  I would kill, literally kill, for an original Andrew Wyeth piece.  There's a private collector that's thinking about splitting up some of his collection but they're nothing that I'm interested, nor could I afford.  It's funny, when I was a kid, I thought people were insane to go nutty and spend millions on original paintings.  Now I realize it's like owning a piece of history.  A piece of history you can see, touch and smell.  If only I could win the damn lottery.    Too bad we don't buy tickets. 

 

Andrew Wyeth: AutobiographyThis is the front of his autobiography, and the picture is the night sleeper, the print I would like to someday own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was drooling over some prints on the cruise...they went for about five thousand dollars...too steep for us...