Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Busy week

It's been a busy week which would explain the lack of entries.  Last Wednesday I found out that my best friend from the air force was home for a few days.  He came over on Thursday with his little girl.  She is just too cute.  Having her here made me realize that I REALLY do want more kids.  She was wonderful with Jasmine.  (Her name is Madyson) I've never seen a child that young be so gentle with an infant.  She's only about a year and a half herself.  I could've spent all day playing with her.  And of course I enjoyed having Jimmie here too.  The little ones took up most of the time though since we haven't seen eachother since Maddie was only four months old.  What's nice about me and Jimmie is that no matter how much time passes, no matter how long it's been since the last time we talked, it's always like we're just leaving off where we were the last time he was home.  It's not awkward like it would be with most friends you haven't spoken to.  We don't have to search for a conversation.  Of course, now we have two little kids to talk about. =)

On Saturday I went to the Niles Haunted House.  That was fun, although a lot of the things they had were similar to last year.  Me and Shawn are talking about going to Chicago next year and finding a haunted house up there.  Our friends know a couple of places, we all just have to find babysitters for that day.  After the haunted house we went to see Doom.  I thought it was going to be cheesy but it wasn't that bad.  I didn't spend the entire movie wishing it was over and I'll be willing to rent it when it comes out on dvd.

Saturday me and Shawn went to central Indiana to visit family.  I took Jasmine for her first horseback ride.  (I was with her of course)  She seemed to enjoy it as much as a four month old can.  My aunt Jeri got her a rocking horse from a lady at work.  Jasmine loves it and seems to know exactly where she's supposed to hold on.  I have to hold her on it since she's not really big enough for it yet.  We ate and sat around and talked and looked at pictures the rest of the time we were there.  I took three rolls of film which I'll put on here as soon as I get time. 

Sunday me, Shawn and Jasmine went to Jimmie's mom's house to visit with them for a little while before they left for Texas on Monday.  I took almost a whole roll of film on Maddie.  (which I'll also post so everyone can see how adorable she is) We stayed until I had to get back home, around 8pm.  It always seems like everyone is postponing the last goodbye before he leaves.  It's like tearing off a really tough bandaid.  You don't want to do it but you know it can't stay there forever. 

Tuesday we went to my grandma's house to see how she's holding up.  She seems more depressed everytime I see her.  I just don't know what to do to help her besides visiting often. 

No comments: