Thursday, January 19, 2006

Long weekend

If it wasn't for my laptop, I would never be able to get online.  Jasmine sleeps less during the day now that she wants to try and move around.  The only time I have a chance to get on here is during one of her short naps.  She's constantly trying to stand up.  She knows what things she can grab onto without having it colapse. 

We've had a busy weekend.  Jasmine has been rather well mannered all things considered.  Friday, she stayed at Shawn's mom's house for a few hours while we took my brother to get his new car.  (a '98 Jetta) Then me and Shawn went to eat at TGI Fridays.  Afterwards we wanted to go find a pool table.  Good luck on that one.  We basically drove from place to place for hours looking for an open table.  We finally gave up.  We did stop at the Oyster Bar on the way to pick up Jasmine.  It's a really cute little bar but it smells awful.  I don't know if they were having problems with their bathrooms or what but it literally smelled like sewage.  We didn't stay long.  Saturday night we took her with us to Don and Channon's house.  Paul came along too.  We played Scene it and Mad Gab.  I hated them both.  My brain is about 5 seconds slower than everyone else's when it comes to those games.  I think I answered 2 questions all night.  Thankfully, we were playing in teams otherwise I would've looked like a real ass.  I got to hold Channon's baby.  He's 3 weeks old and a premie.  It felt like I was only holding a blanket.  He's still jaundice and not gaining weight very fast.  Jasmine got a little jealous and spent most of the rest of the night throwing fits.  Monday I didn't go to sleep till almost 4 in the afternoon.  We had to take the cat to the vet and we left early.  Too early for me to have been to bed yet, go figure.  Jasmine also hadn't been asleep very long.  We had to wait for over an hour, which was completely ridiculous since there was only one person ahead of us.  Then they told us that my cat only had an upper respiritory infection.  She's lost around 5 pounds in a month and only recently started showing signs of a possible infection.  They only took blood work to see if she had feline luekemia.  I wanted them to do a full cbc, they wanted only to give her antibiotics and flea medicine.  Lovely.  Afterwards, we decided to go look at some houses.  We're looking into the manufactered homes.  I actually found one I really like.  The only place we could get land and have barnyard animals is in Mill Creek, even father from Shawn's work.  For now we're just looking.  We don't even have a down payment yet.  Tuesday, my uncle was having back surgery so I got Jasmine up around 8:30am and went to the hospital to sit and wait.  He was in surgery for almost 4 hours.  Everything went well.  He'll be off work for 3 months.  Anyone who knows my uncle, knows that he's going to go stir crazy.  He's not the kind of guy that likes to sit around and do nothing.  The only time he ever sits still is when a Steeler game is on or Survivor is on. 

Jasmine and my sleep schedule is all screwed up now.  Last week we weren't even getting up till 6pm and this week we've been up almost everyday by 8:30am.  I like my sleep so I hate getting up early.  She seems to be doing fine with it though. 

No comments: