Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The four days following my period were completely pain free so by day four I was thinking maybe it was just a one month thing where something was weird with my cycle and causing me pain.  On the fifth day I started having lower back pain again and today I've been on ultram all day and it's only giving minimal relief.  I go to the ob-gyn on Thursday and I know I still won't know anything then but at least I'll be one step closer.  I really don't want laproscopy but if they don't find anything on ultrasound, I know that's what he's going to want to do.  I'm not scared of surgery or being knocked out, I'm more worried about the pain the days after the surgery.  I have a very active two year old, being out of commission for any amount of time is not an option.  (plus someone has to feed the animals) At this point I don't even know what I would be hoping it would be.  None of the possibilities seem much better than the others.  Obviously just about anything is better than cancer but most of the options are long term and possibly cause fertility problems.  I really didn't want to start trying to get pregnant again till next year or so but if they tell me the only way I'm going to have another child is to start trying immediately, I'll do it but I won't be pleased about the timing.  I just want the ultrasound already so that I know where we go from there. 

We spent today putting up fliers on telephone polls and in the neighbors newspaper boxes.  My dog (lives at my moms house) went missing on 8/10.  She always gets out of the yard and it's impossible to keep her in, aside from chaining her (which we won't do) or taking her for walks.  She jumps the fence with little effort and when that's not possible, she digs under it.  She knows the neighborhood, she knows where she lives and how to get there so for her to go missing makes us think someone took her or did something worse with her.  If someone is keeping her they will find out very quickly that she isn't the type of dog most people want.  She's not lovable and prefers you don't touch her at all.  She has bitten before.  (my brother for NO reason) She's just not the dog most people want.  We've already been to both humane society's in st.joe county and laporte.  We're going to finish putting fliers in the boxes tomorrow.  By the end of the day, hopefully everyone in that neighborhood will realize she's missing and that someone is looking for her. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my prayers on the smoke that the Ob-gyn news isn't bad and that you find your dog. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I hope you find your dog and nothing bad has happened.  I totally know what you are saying about being out of commission, it really isn't an option when there are so many mouths to feed and guys & gals who depend on us.  I Pray your Gyn visit turns out good, please keep us posted.   Take care and I hope you are feeling better.
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm