Friday, August 24, 2007

No end

Still no answers.  My ultrasound was normal.  The only thing out of the ordinary was some veins that are enlarged in my uterus.  We already knew those were there from last year's ultrasound but they have gotten slightly worse but aren't what is causing my pain.  For now, he's put me on birth control pills for the next three months to see if that helps with pain.  I'm doubtful.  There is SOMETHING wrong.  There IS something pressing on my bladder or the tubes that go to/from my bladder.  Otherwise why would I have so much trouble peeing when I KNOW I have to go?  I have to take pain medication every day in order to feel semi-normal and even with the pills, I still feel pain.  I'm making an appointment with my regular doctor as soon as I get out of bed before they close.  (bad sleeping habits have returned) I'm not really a wait and see type of person.  I want to know what's wrong and THEN go from there.  I was literally shocked to silence when they came in and showed me the ultrasound and explained that they found nothing to be concerned about.  I want answers.  I don't care what the answer is as long as it's not we don't know. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear they haven't come up with anything.  I know how aggravating it is to go through something like this.  I've been going through this "thing" with my neck/spine since December ~ and still they don't know what it is. So like you, I have pain constantly.  All I can say is try to hang in there and PUSH your Doctors...they will do more if you take control and let them know you are not settling for anything less than a diagnosis.  I Pray you find an answer.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I detest the wait and see approach. I agree get a second opinion and keep pursuing this until someone has the answers. Prolonged use of pain medication is going to end up causing liver damage. Keeping you in my prayers on the smoke! (Hugs) Indigo