Wednesday, August 1, 2007

This and that

Today it hurts to move.  It's that time of the month now so the pain has increased over the last few days.  Yesterday my doctor gave me a new prescription to take along with the Ultram that I'm on every four hours/or as needed.  I'm also taking Flexeril.  I haven't taken it yet.  Both Shawn and my brother's girlfriend, Dakota say it's knocks you out and I don't want to be asleep unless it's time to be.  Yesterday night I was in too much pain so I took an Ultram and I can't take them at the same time so I didn't bother with the Flexeril.  There are several different things it could be at this point and time.  The one I'm thinking is called pelvic congestion syndrome.  In layman's terms, you get a vericose vein in your ovary.  Last year when I had my pelvic ultrasound, they noticed I had an enlarged vein and said we should keep it in mind for the future.  The other things they're thinking are endrometreosis or an ovarian cycst.  My appointment with my ob-gyn still isn't till the 16th even though I've tried and tried to get in sooner.  For now I just have to deal with it.

The aquarium was much smaller than I was expecting.  By the time we left there I was already in a great deal of pain, wincing with each step.  (made worse when Jasmine wanted to be carried by me only) We didn't see much as the zoo, as most of us were hot, sore or just older.  We ate, took the trolly around the zoo and watched the dolphin show.  Afterwards we went to the stingray tank and got to pet them as they swam past.  Jasmine was afraid of them so she and Shawn stayed off to the side.  I thought it was pretty neat and would do it again, even if they had their stingers still.  But then again, I fear very few animals.  I'm the type of person that would love to swim in the ocean with sharks, whereas others would baulk at such an idea.  Upon leaving the zoo, I could barely walk and this was after taking two Ultrams.  I fell asleep shortly after we entered Indiana.  Jasmine slept from the time we left till the next morning.  She woke up vomiting.  We gave her some gatorade after an hour or so and vomited that up as well, falling asleep soon after.  I became worried that she had gotten dehydrated the day before so I took her pulse and it was 128 beats a minute.  I called the doctor and asked the nurse what she thought, she told me to take her to the ER.  I didn't think that was needed.  We gave her a popsicle... and then another.  She perked up and didn't throw up anymore.  I had a doctor's appointment later that day and asked MY nurse what she thought happened and she said heat exhaustion.  And that she didn't blame me for wanting her being poked at for the next four hours.  Anyone who has taken a baby/toddler to the ER knows you don't want to take them if they don't need to go, it sucks. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear your in so much pain dear heart. I'm keeping you in my prayers on the smoke. I think I would love to swim among sharks as well. I wish we could all have some kind of empathy with all the animals. Glad little Jasmine is ok now. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I happy Jasmine is doing fine now, I don't blame you for not wanting her to go to the ER.  I really hope your Dr can find exactly what is happening with you so you can be treated properly, not with them just guessing.  I had endometriosis very bad a few years ago and was also in constant pain. I had surgery and have not had the problem since then.  I would love to scuba with sharks, I love sharks - they are amazing.  I wish humans could understand them better and not mark them for death everytime they see one.  Take care of yourself.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

OUCH!  I hope you feel better soon!