Thursday, August 31, 2006

Paint

I started painting my kitchen yesterday.  I thought I'd bought the right color paint.  I spent hours agonizing over which colors to use and matching them all perfectly.  I bought the wrong color.  It was supposed to be a little more neutral of a purple and I bought a waaaaay lighter color on accident.  I didn't know I had the original paint chip with me and had to pick it out from memory.  A few years ago, this would've probably sent me balling my eyes out for an hour until I came to the same conclusion I have now.  There's nothing I can do about it except keep painting the kitchen and deal with it.  I know my husband will say he likes this color more even if it's not how he actually feels just because he doesn't want to make me feel worse.  Oh well.  There's not a damn thing that can be done about it and even if we had the money for another gallon of paint, I sure as hell wouldn't be buying another one just because this one is a few shades lighter than my original. 

No comments: