Wednesday, August 23, 2006

water and pro-ish

What a day to not have water.  We had a new well put in today and we were told we'd have to go 24 hours without water.  (we have it, we just can't drink it, bathe in it or clean anything in it because it's got bleach in it) This evening, Jasmine was playing quietly with her toys, a little too quietly.  That usually means she's poohing or doing something she shouldn't be.  When I went to go check on her, she had shit everywhere.  On her hands, legs, the floor, her toys, everywhere.  It had come out the side of her diaper and she apparently thought it made good finger paint.  God, I hope she didn't put any in her mouth.  I used half a box of baby wipes to clean her and then my hands.  Why couldn't she have done that tomorrow night when I could've just tossed her butt in the bath tub and scrubbed her?

So, are you pro-choice or pro-life?  I'm in the middle.  Again, this is a 30 days show where a pro-choicer goes to live in a pro-lifer home for pregnant women.  I personally believe that women should have a choice, within reason.  Under 18, these reasons won't apply.  I haven't decided what I feel about under 18.  I think if you're raped, you should have a right to an abortion.  If you just got "knocked" up, you should have a right to an abortion... ONCE.  You get one time.  This shouldn't be a method of birth control.  (I knew a girl who had 5 abortions because she accidently got pregnant 5 different times) I don't think abortions should be permitted after the first trimester.  Or the fourth month of pregnancy at the LATEST.  If you don't know you're pregnant by the third month, tough.  So I guess I'm pro-choice within limits.  I also think that they should be given information on abortion, adoption and keeping the baby no matter where they go.  Many pro-life places give them information about adoption and keeping the baby.  The only information they get about abortion, is biased at best.  I personally could never do it but I think other women should have the option.

No comments: