Monday, May 14, 2007

puppsalis

On Mother's day I got a puppy!  Ok, so it's not what you're thinking.  =)  My mom sponsered a puppy from a local foster program in my name.  I'm sure with the excitement on my face, you would've thought I had actually gotten a puppy.  I got a picture of him though.  He's cute. 

Today me and Jasmine spent the day planting flowers and our vegatable garden.  I still have tons of seeds to plant.  Shawn just kept picking out packages of flowers that he thought were neat and now I have half the flowers in the area waiting in my kitchen to be planted.  While I was working on a place to put my carrots (weeding) I found a funny looking seed thing on the ground.  I picked it up and realized it was a chrysalis.  It is a very new one so it'll probably be around three weeks before a butterfly comes out of it.  I know it's alive because the caterpillar is still moving around.  I don't even know why it would've chose that area to begin it's life change but it did.  I'm just glad I didn't accidentally chop it in half.  It will spend it's time in my kitchen until it's time for it to fly off and live the next part of it's life.  It's very cool in my opinion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We sponsor a child in Nicaruagua. It is very rewarding, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your journal and I am enjoying what I've read so far.  I can certainly understand how having your mom sponsor a puppy for you would make you happy, things like that delight me!  I can't wait to start reading more of your entries.  We rescue and take in alot of animals on our farm, it is a challenge at times ~ especially with the one horse I have but it is well worth it.  I wouldn't trade it for all the $$$ in the world ~ it is my heart & soul.