Sunday, July 22, 2007

Home again

Rocky is home now!!!!!  He's bouncing of the walls.  He's still considered sick and once and a while you can even tell.  But for the most part he's just happy to be home.  He was in isolation the entire time he was in the vet's office so I doubt he got much attention other than to change meds and feed him.  His tail is wagging so hard that even his little penis is wagging.  He's still contagious so when he has to go potty, we have to walk him, pick up his pooh and then I put it in the driveway and bleach it.  Jasmine's face just lit up when she saw him this morning.  He licked her like crazy.  I had to seperate them or I think he would've drown her! 

We went to the Venetian Festival this evening.  It's held in St. Joe Michigan every year.  It's always been free and every year they have a huge fireworks display on the lake.  They literally shoot the fireworks off the pier.  It's really beautiful.  I especially like it if we get there before sunset.  I love watching the sunset over the lake.  It seems endless.  Jasmine loved the fireworks.  We had a pretty good time, despite the fact that when we went to get up and leave, we realized that Jasmine had been piling sand on our blanket.  When we left we ended up being forced to go to Benton Harbor.  They wouldn't allow us to turn the other way.  Thankfully we didn't get into downtown and were able to make a U-turn and come back towards home.  It took us 45 minutes to get through downtown due to traffic.  I had to take two Ultram's tonight just to make it through the evening.  It takes a lot more to walk two miles than it used to

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi hon, I'm coming over from "Life On A Bison Farm". She mentioned your journal and everthing you have been going through lately. I read the last few entries you have posted. I'm delighted Rocky is home and recovering. I know all too well the perils of taking care of animals. I rescue strays myself and have them fixed and given shots then find homes for them. As for your health issues, I'm keeping you in my prayers on the smoke! (I'm Cherokee it's my way of praying to creator). I will definitely be back for another visit. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

So glad Rocky is home - I hope he makes a full recovery.   Sounds like you had a good time at the festival, sounds nice.  Take care & I hope you feel better.
Lisa