Sunday, November 26, 2006

Anikin

We adopted a dog on Friday, Anikin.  His cage tage said boxer/akita mix, he's quite obviously got pitbull in him.  He's a great dog.  He LOVES Jasmine, is good with our dogs, is great in the bathtub.  Everything would be perfect, if we didn't have cats.  We will be taking him back to the shelter tomorrow because he literally tried to eat one of my cats.  I feel like I've failed him and them.  When I worked at the shelter, I always felt like people had just given up on trying to help a dog, but there's no changing him.  He's completely obsessed with the cats.  I've only ever seen one dog more obsessed with something than he is, luckily that dog doesn't try and kill the things he's obsessed with.  (guinea pigs)  He's just such a great dog in EVERY other way.  I fell in love with him before we even got him home.  It will be extremely difficult to leave him tomorrow.  I wish there was some way to help him and keep him at the same time but I don't want to be responsible for one of my cats dying either. 

No comments: