Thursday, November 2, 2006

Jazzy

I haven't had much time to get online this last week or so.  Jasmine hasn't been sleeping well... so I've been sleeping even worse.  She acts fine all day and then as soon as she falls asleep she gets a fever and wakes up on and off all night long.  Sometimes she's up for several hours, other times I read her a story and she's back to sleep.  I've had a sore throat for several days but no fever or anything so I think it's just an allergy thing.  I don't understand why she has no fever during the day and then spikes one of 102 shortly after falling asleep.  It just doesn't make any sense.  She's taking a nap right now and normally I would be passed out next to her but I'm not too terribly tired right now.  Tomorrow I'm going to get my flu shot.  Shocking I know since it took till I was six/seven months pregnant to get my blood drawn, something that should've been done several times by then.  I really don't want to have the flu really bad and have a toddler at the same time so I'm going to take the momentary panic that sets in the second I realize "it's" actually happen.  Shawn called my doctor today to make sure that I can get the shot somewhere other than my arm and they said I can have it anywhere I want it.  So my left thigh will be taking the brunt of the needle. 

I'm still conflicted about having more children.  I know I want to but there's this other part of me that wants to devote EVERYTHING I have just to Jasmine.  I don't want to have to share myself with another child.  But I also know I'll regret it if I don't have more children and I know no matter how wonerful Jasmine's life is, she'll always have wanted siblings.  Most people don't want to get fat and have to go through labor and delivery but I loved being pregnant (except for the morning sickness) and I even enjoyed the delivery and everything, after the epidural. 

At any rate, Halloween went ok.  Jasmine was tired so we didn't go everywhere we had planned but she got m&m's and lollipops so she's quite happy.  Oh she was so cute today.  I had Shawn go get me a frozen coke for my throat and told him to bring her back a small one and when she realized it was all for her she walked around carrying it and looking so proud of herself.  It's funny.  When I was pregnant I said my child won't have pop until she's at least four.  I said there's no reason for a child that young to even know the taste of pop.  It started in the summer.  It was REALLY hot out and I didn't have anything for her to drink except a frozen coke.  She's been hooked ever since and we've guiltlessly indulged her.  The little girl has us both wrapped around her little finger.  She's already so spoiled but she's soooo sweet too.  She'll walk up to you and it looks like she's going to smack you in the face (a phase I believe she is growing out of) and instead she caresses your cheek.  How can you deny her anything when she does that? 

No comments: