Monday, December 11, 2006

I had a fairly good day and a really shitty night.  The Christmas tree fell over at 1am.  Meaning I had to wake up Shawn to help me pick it back up.  Mr. I-wake-up-very-grouchy.  We get the tree back up, and adjust it so that it's standing almost straight up.  I put all the ornaments back up and begin sweeping up the million and a half or so pine needles that are now all over my floor, when alas, the tree falls on ME.  I tried to get Jasmine to go get Shawn out of bed but he was obviously still awake because he came out of the bedroom.  We get it standing up and while I hold it to make sure it doesn't fall over again, he gets a cinder block.  Around that time, Cash the doberman puppy (aka purebreed moron) decides to try and eat a glass ornament.  I would have never noticed since I was more worried about being crushed by the tree but Shawn saw him and got the glass out of his mouth.  After he goes to bed, I went to feed the fish.  One of my favorites, Sharkbait, is belly up so I had to remove him and the filters so I could put some medicine in the tank.  When I goto put the remainder of the medicine back in the box, I yelp because there is a very large black jumping spider on it.  Now, I'm not afraid of spiders.  I'm afraid of icky biting jumping spiders.  I've picked up many spiders with my bare hands and carried them outside to safety but not them.  I didn't want to walk back past the couch because in my head I was certain he would jump on me and of course his teeny tiny fangs would cause me immediate death.  Ok so maybe I'm exaggerating just a little bit.  Eventually he made his way to the other end of the couch.  Now if I could just get Jasmine to go to sleep and my arms and back to stop itching from the million or so stabs I received from the tree.

No comments: