Sunday, December 10, 2006

oh my back

Ah, I have just taken my first break from cleaning.  It's been three hours since I started.  You would think the house would be spotless now but alas, no.  I scrubbed sinks, tubs, counters and dishes.  I now have two clean rooms, the kitchen and the bathroom.  I should add that not including the basement there are 8 rooms in all.  At the very least I will have the living room cleaned tomorrow.  It's been so hard to get some time to clean.  Anytime I get to myself I want to spend relaxing, not scrub a dubbing.  And I finally changed the last two knobs on the kitchen cabinets tonight.  It's only been four months since I bought them.  I wonder how long the kitchen will actually stay clean.  I give it less than 12 hours.

Our newest addition to our family is settling in nicely.  Her name is Molly.  She's a goofy dog whose feelings are easily hurt.  She's had a rough one year of life.  At two months of age she was set to be euthanized due to a shelter being over populated and her number was up.  A kind foster agency saw her potential and saved her.  At four months, she contracted an illiness that almost took her life.  No doctor was able to make a diagnoses.  And finally, at six months, she was again facing death by euthanasia.  At an adoption event, she became surrounded by ten or so men and became extremely fearful, growling and baring her teeth.  After that day, she would become extremely aggressive at adoption events towards strangers.  Many volunteers suggested putting her down due to her unpredictable behavior.  Her foster mother refused, stating she's a totally different dog at home, even with strangers.  After almost half a year of working with her at adoption events, she's finally able to go into a Petsmart without lunging, growling or showing fear.  It took a LOT of work on the part of her foster mom but in my eyes it was all worth it.  She's a fantastic dog.  She's always happy, tail wagging.  Everytime you touch her or talk to her, that tail is thumping.  She does have a great deal of seperation anxiety.  Which she proved by destroying the blinds in our backroom the first day she was left alone.  She now gets crated when we leave but seems fine as long as two of the dogs are with her.  She loves the puppy, Cash a great deal and fears our alpha female, Mia.  She will cower if Mia even walks past her.  The first two days she refused to go outside if Mia was out.  They're beginning to work past their differences and even played a little this afternoon.  The dog that was labeled, vicious and unpredictable now sleeps in bed with me and Jasmine, her head on the pillow. 

No comments: