Sunday, December 21, 2003

Been a While

Yes, I know, it's been a while since I last typed.  It's been a long and very sad week for us at the rescue.  My favorite turkey died.  It broke my heart.  I never thought I'd love a turkey but this one was my little protector and just a sweet little boy.  He went before his time but not without all the love we could give him.

My very good friend and one of the owner's of the rescue had to go to the hospital.  She was having severe chest pains.  She had an angioplasty and they found a 90% blockage.  They said if she hadn't come into the hospital, she would probably have had a massive heart attack and died.  We were all very worried and upset while she was away.  The day she went into the hospital I babysat our little baby goat, Jonah.  He stayed the night at my house and played with my animals the next day.  He was able to go home that day though, where he knew everything and was comfortable and happy.  Unfortunately, the night before my friend had her angioplasty, Jonah passed away.  He fell and broke his neck, it was just one of those accidents.  It was a very sad day.  He was a sweet and wonderful little goat.  He was ornery as hell at times but you just had to laugh at him.  Our little Jonah will always be missed but he'll be waiting for us all over the bridge.  I love you Jonah, sleep well.

No comments: