Tuesday, December 2, 2003

Sick sick sick

Ok, I promise I'm not going to say I think I'm getting over it this time!  I now have a sinus infection!!!  Ugh, will it ever end?  I have a huge adoption event coming up next weekend that I cannot be sick for!  It seems like ever since I've started this journal I haven't had much to tell because I haven't been able to make to the rescue!  AND my humidifier just broke!  For once I actually need the stupid thing and it won't produce any steam, and yes I cleaned it out.

Not much in the way of news right now.  We have a new volunteer.  Sounds nice but we'll see if she actually lasts.  A lot of people want to volunteer but they don't realize how stressful it really is until they start and then they just quit after one day.  Which I guess I can understand, volunteering isn't for everyone but there's other ways of volunteering than actually having to be there and see the animals come and go.  Oh well, I just need to realize that not everyone is like me and was made for animal rescue.  We have actually started turning people down when they ask us if we have room for their pets.  I thought it might never happen but we've gotten just THAT full.  It's crazy how many homeless small and furry's we have right now.  How hard is it to take care of a rabbit or guinea pig???  Some of the small and furry's we got in came to us because the people REALLY wanted the best for their animal but most come to us because the people see a little animal in the pet store and think awww that's so cute I'm gonna take it home but then they decide that taking care of it is too much work.  If it were up to me, all pet stores wouldn't be allowed to sell pets, only food, toys and the things that pets use.  There's enough homeless animals out there right now, we don't need to create more.  And that's my rantings for the day.

No comments: