Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Last year around this time, I found out that my grandmother had non-hodgkin's lymphoma.  She's in remission now, thankfully.  A year later, on my birthday, just a few days ago, I found out that they found a mass in my grandfather's lungs.  He had went to the doctor several times over the last few months for pain and constantly feeling ill, like he had the flu, chills, and fever.  We all have watched him loose weight and he's aged years in a matter of months.  The doctor said he had high blood pressure and bursitis.  The day after Christmas he went to the emergency room.  Now this might not be a big deal to most people but my grandpa doesn't even go to the doctor unless the pain is unbearable, he has to be really sick to go to the emergency room.  They then waited over five hours until they were even taken into an emergency room.  Thankfully, they took my grandfather seriously when he said he was sick.  They did a blood work up and took x-rays.  That's when they found a 3 inch mass in his lungs.  Now no one has said for sure it's cancer but really what else could it be.  Our family has been through so much.  We don't deserve to go through anymore.  My grandparents definitely don't deserve this.  They're good people and they've had more than their fair share.  Yes, I'm thinking it's not fair.  Hell, in my head I'm screaming that it's not fair.  I love my grandparents more than anything.  I don't want to watch him give up.  I don't want to watch him die.  I don't want to go to his funeral.  And I definitely don't want to pretend everything is ok anymore. 

No comments: