Wednesday, December 3, 2003

Whew!

Well, I spent yesterday throwing up allll day long, so I spent the night on the couch so DH could get some sleep and I could be close to the bathroom.  Today, I'm feeling better, just a little dizzy and congested.  I can't wait till this is all over.

We have gotten in 3 donations in the last couple of days!  Woohoo!  That's quite a few for us in such a short time.  Might have a couple of small and furries adopted out soon.  Poor little Jonah, the new little boy goat, none of the mommy goats want him.  He's a house goat for now until he can eat on his own and survive outside.  I really don't think he minds all that much though.  He gets to stay inside where it's warm and he gets spoiled rotten, who would mind that?!  I can't wait for Home For The Holidays!!!!  We'll be able to get our name out there a little bit more than usual!!  My little Bubby is still hanging in there I hear.  He's not perfect and probably not feeling real great but he's still fighting.  I know, most people think, 'Turkey? Supper?'  I think on the other hand that Turkey's are very smart, loyal and extremely sweet animals.  Own a turkey as a pet and you might understand a little bit more.  My foster kitties are very upset with me, they've had no time outside of their cages this past week and no pettings or anything because I've been sick.  Looks like I'm gonna end up giving everyone a big ole treat soon. 

There was a thing on the news tonight about a lady who had done what they called animal neglect.  She took 49 cats from a shelter, under the impression that she would adopt them out to good homes and she just let them starve to death in her garage.  Keep in mind, it wasn't OUR shelter, we would've checked up on our animals personally but this shelter says they were shorthanded and couldn't check up on them.  She also had some beagles and I believe some of them had to be euthanized.  In Indiana for animal cruelty you basically get slapped on the wrist, if it were up to me I'd let HER starve to death and see how she felt about doing it to all 49 of those cats.  Ok, Ok, I'm done now, gotta send the article I was just talking about to my aunt who is also an animal rescuer.

No comments: