Thursday, October 7, 2004

Bird Fair this weekend

This weekend I'll be going to pick up my new senegal parrot.  I think I'm going to name her Maybelle.  I'm not completely sure yet though.  I like to have the bird around for a few days to get an idea of her personality before I name them.  I'm going to meet the breeder at a bird fair in Chicago.  WooHoo, bird fair!!!  Shawn's never been to one of these and I think he's going to freak.  It's a bird person's paradise.  I can't wait.  I think I'll have a few extra bucks after I pay for the bird too, so maybe I can get a little shopping in.  I'm a little nervous about getting a baby bird since I'll be having an infant in the house in less than nine months but I already put the deposit down and it's non-refundable.  Plus, I'd be pretty disappointed if I wasn't able to get this bird.  It'll work out, it'll just be a little extra stress after the baby is born.

I've been getting more and more tired everyday.  I wake up and two hours later I'm already ready for a nap.  I've been forcing myself to stay awake though because it's so hard for me to sleep at night.  Yesterday, I had to remove Leuka from the bedroom again.  He started with the diarrhea.  I've wormed him several times in the last six months but I noticed he was infested with tapworms when he had his accident.  So I wormed him again.  In a week or so, I'll bring him back into the bedroom and see how he does. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sleep all you need to--it is normal when you are pregnant to sleep a lot the first trimester.