Monday, October 18, 2004

Itsy Bitsy Tiny Little Mouse

Morning sickness is hell.  The last couple of days I have wanted to throw up, but it never seems to happen.  We were supposed to go to a haunted house with some friends but I just couldn't go.  Last night, when I was feeling better, I had some pizza.  I didn't start to feel sick again until I had some popcorn at 1am.  Apparently, the baby's not a fan of salty, buttery foods.  Who would've thought.  LOL  So right now, I'm still feeling awful and probably won't fall asleep for a few more hours.  I was whining to my mom on the couch around 4am, when one of our cats, Smokey went flying across the room.  She had caught a very small mouse and was playing with it.  I just couldn't let her kill it.  If it was going to die, then it was going to die someplace warm and safe.  I eventually caught him under the table.  He's now in my cricket cage.  (Obviously, there's no crickets in there though)  He can't be very old.  He's a very tiny little mouse.  I think he might actually live.  He was pretty lifeless when I put him in the cage but now he's jumping and trying to get out.  I set him free outside in a few hours if he's still doing good.  He'll have a huge barn full of hay and probably many other mice.  If he gets caught by a cat out there, at least I know I gave him another chance. 

I noticed that I've started to show a little bit.  It's only a matter of time before my clothes don't fit.  Oh well.  I'm going to go check on my little mouse and get some water. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie
This Is Pop Sunshine You just live your life for you You know what I mean You know how I am and how I feel about you kids you mean alot to me and you should know that if I can be there for you I will in a heart beat all you have to do is say help And I will be there for you Jamie you are a good woman and yo will be a great mom I feel it in my heart so just hang in there ok
Pops

Anonymous said...

Actually, morning sickness is a good thing---it means your hormones are high and the baby is doing well. :-)  One of the best remedies for it is to drink unsweetened lemonade and ea something salty.  Ginger also helps--gingerale, pickled ginger, even ginger bread.  Holding a comb in your hand so that the points press into the mounds under your fingers also reduces queasiness.

Anonymous said...

Just checking to see how you are. :-)  I haven't forgotten you, I am not online as much because my husband hates it...