Friday, October 15, 2004

Very Annoyed

Today has not been a great day.  My hormones must be going completely crazy today.  Everyone annoyed me, even if they were only breathing.  The dogs made it a major point to do all the things they aren't supposed to and make as much noise as possible.  Shawn hasn't gotten home yet so I can't blame my moodiness on him... yet.  I spent the evening tracking down forms for Medicaid in Indiana, plus some other forms that take care of pregnant women's medical bills.  A girl I talked to today, says that if I go and have the test done at the health center that it'll speed up the process of getting my insurance, therefore getting me into the doctor's office sooner.  Some people seem to think I'm farther along than I am.  I thought I was at about 4-5 weeks, they think I'm at about 8 weeks and a day.  That's a lot farther along than I thought.  One of the girls had her last period the exact same time I did and she's due May 26th, 2005.  They say the doctor goes by the first day of your last period and not the conception date or the date you ovulated.  She goes to the doctor tomorrow and is supposed to tell me what her doctor says about all that.  I hate looking for all this crap in the first place.  I was told that if I don't have the pregnancy test done that it'll take 45 days to get approved or not but if I go and get the test that it'll take about 10 days. 

Me and this new bird are not getting along.  She seems to be just happy as can be as long as I don't mess with her in any way.  When I go to pick her up, she throws a fit and usually poops all over the place.  She's spent the day searching for sunflower seeds in her food dish, she won't find any, I removed all birdie junk food from her cage.  I got her out today and put her on the bed with some small foot toys and she pooped big time.  She walks up to the dog before she'll walk up to me.  Plus, she keeps biting me.  I'd like to thump her on the head but you can't do that with parrots.  Too bad because she REALLY bites down.  Many people give different opinions on how you should handle a bird that bires.  Some say yell, some say ignore it.  You name it and they've suggested it.  Well, I'm going to take my pregnant butt to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They calculate how pregnant you are from the first day of your last menstrual cycle...not from when you ovulated....