Friday, June 2, 2006

Sigh

I hate looking at houses.  It's so stressful for both me and my husband.  I love my husband and daughter so much and I don't want to end up making the wrong decision and getting stuck in a house we hate or more likely, an area we hate.  You can find really GREAT houses with acreage in Benton Harbor but (and sorry for those of you who do live there) I don't want to live in the ghetto.  I don't know that it's all like that up there but I don't want to move there and take a chance that it is.  I think in the end it will probably come down to one of three houses.  One has a good amount of land but is on the highway and the house is a little on the small side (beggers can't be choosers and all), another has a little less land but the house is set up really odd.  I guess it has potential but there's a bathroom IN the master bedroom.  No doors seperating or anything, just bed and toliet.  Very weird.  The last one is more in the city on one acre and is directly across from my grandpa's gravesite.  It just sucks.  I have the vision of what "our" house will look like and that we'll know it when we find it but that's proving just a fairytale.  I just thought we'd walk into a house and we'd feel like we belonged there.  I haven't felt anything close to that yet.  I'm just so worried about making the wrong decision.  It's not like you can take it back in two years and if you decide to sell, well that's a hassle in and of itself.  We would have to find out how much we could get for the house we're living in, decide where we'll live if our house gets sold (because there's no way in hell we could pay two house payments for any amount of time).  Some days, I don't think about it even once and then other days it seems to be on my mind the entire day and night. 

I like my lip piercing.  I really do.  But it's a little annoying at times.  Obviously, it's a little uncomfortable right now.  But trying to sleep with this ring around my lip is driving me nuts.  It keeps hitting my teeth and everytime I try to get comfortable I rip the hole open.  I just wish I could have it sit in water all day and still heal up normally since that's the only time it feels fine.  Jasmine's birthday is next weekend and none of my relatives have seen my latestskin mutilation so I'm sure I'll get to hear all about it.  Oh and Shawn got his lip pierced on both sides (I'm not sure if it's called verticals or snake bits).  His mom is REALLY going to flip out when she sees him.  I don't know if I want to be present for that or not.  When he was like 15/16, she let him get a tattoo rather than letting him get his ear pierced.  That's how anti-piercing she is.  Yeah, I think I'll stay in the car for that one.

No comments: