Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Dr. Doogie

Last night I began thinking about the night Jasmine was born. (I suppose I should say morning but for me I had been up all night, it was still night) My doctor was in the room getting ready to delivery Jasmine.  A nurse brings in a sleepy looking young doctor.  He seems excited.  Turns out this is the first labor and delivery that he will be seeing from beginning to end.  He's excited, I'm mortified.  At the time I was thinking you aren't touching my kid Dr. Doogie. (for those of you who don't know I'm referring to Doogie Houser, a show which has a very young doctor I think it was a 90's sitcom)  No way no how.  And he didn't.  =)  The only thing he was in charge of was watching, asking questions and getting the placenta out, which he failed at miserably but that's because my body wasn't giving in very easily.  Now looking back on it I think it's really neat.  I know he'll never forget that. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you are right, he'll never forget you or Jasmine.  I remember Doogie Howser....isn't he on something else now?  
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

I hated having "spectators" at a delivery...but you are right, he will never forget you!