Wednesday, January 7, 2004

Bird brain

My new bird and I are adapting to eachother very well.  It's taking a bit longer than I had expected but at least I'm seeing some progress.  I'm still getting bit nine times out of ten but they're not quite as bad as the bites I was recieving when I first brought her home.  She is eight inches of pure nastiness at times and then other times she can be as sweet as a newborn kitten.  More often than not though I think she has PMS.  And don't dare wake her up in the middle of the night because you'll surely pay for it when you least expect it!

Apparently I haven't been eating well lately.  I had no idea until I was made to think about it.  My mom asked me what I'd had to eat today and I realized I'd had a cookie and some m&m's.  I haven't felt hungry so I guess I just didn't think about it.  I'm going to have to set little alarms around the house to remind me to eat.  Anyone else have that problem?  I know it sounds absurd but I really do forget to eat sometimes.  I've had stomach problems for years now and my stomach doesn't growl or make any hint of being hungry.  It's ironic, when I was younger and in school, I hated when my stomach would growl.  It would always happen when the entire class was silent and I was absolutely sure everyone could hear it.  Now whenever my stomach growls I alert everyone within hearing distance.  Did you hear that?  That was MY stomach!  It made noise!! 

I believe there's problems at the rescue.  I won't actually know until tomorrow though.  I could tell by the tone in BDB's voice that we need to talk.  I just hope it's nothing too horrible.  I can only deal with so many problems at once.  When it rains, it pours.  I must go now.  I'm being called by little Mia, who is not so little anymore.  Mom, mom I have to go outside NOW!  Yes, that should be fun for those of us who DON'T have a built in fur coat.  It's only 10 degrees out right now.  That should take me, what?, about 2 hours to thaw? 

No comments: