Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Calm After the Storm

Today I'm in a much better mood than the other day.  Much calmer.  I had a talk with my friends and it's not so much that they've been avoiding me, just that they needed time away from everything that's been going on as much as I have.  Shawn's not living with Danny anymore, he moved in with his brother so my best friend's house is now safe territory for me.  We didn't do much today.  Went and picked Dina up after picking up at the old house.  We went to Hacienda but I don't have any money so I just drank a coke and ate the free chips.  It was alright though.  I just like getting out of the house.  I can't wait to get a job.  Soon we'll be having a lot more fun.  I just need to pay for the neccesaties and pay everyone back and I'll be straight.  After I get some money we're going to have a small party and have some much needed fun.  I'll probably be staying at Danny's every once and a while when Dina's not there.  I would stay there when she is there but I know they need their "own" time as much as anyone else.  Micky's not really speaking to me right now.  He seems uncomfortable with me since he had a "talk" with Shawn.  I think Shawn told him all the bad stuff about me and then he told Micky to stay away from me if he cared about me at all.  Mick gets into some trouble sometimes and Shawn was way worried about my safety.  There's really no reason to be worried though.  We haven't had any problems in the time I've been hanging out with Micky.  I hope Shawn's doing ok at his brother's house.  I hate that he really had no where to go but here.  I keep telling myself it's not my problem anymore but when you're with someone that long, you still worry about them.  

We got some new arrivals at work recently.  A lady came by with 5 baby raccoon's who had lost their mother when she got hit by a car.  They're sooooo cute!!!  We'll be releasing them after we've weaned them off of us.  They're like velcro.  They crawl onto your arm and just hang there.  We also got a baby deer.  She's a little fawn with the smallest amount of white on her.  She was found on a golf course.  I don't know yet what we'll be doing with her.  It's a lot harder to release a deer than coon's back into the wild.  Maybe we can find a wildlife sanctuary that will take her.  We got in a LOT of black cats recently.  There's somewhere around ten of them and then a little gray cat.  They're going to be hard to adopt out.  I've had my two black female foster's for several months now and have had no one that's interested in them.  My parakeets are up to 7 eggs now.  I surely wish I knew if they were going to hatch or not.  I really need to read up on this stuff in case they do.  Gollum's a busy boy, always laying on the eggs.  He probably wishes the females would stop laying them already.  Well, I've got a quick email to write and then I'm off to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You rescue animals YOU ROCK!