Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Home, Home again

The kitty came home this morning.  She's a little wobbly and can't walk real well on her right front leg but is much improved from the last time I saw her a week ago.  She has some pills I need to give to her for a few days, anti-inflammatory pills.  She goes back for a check up in a week.  The bill is between 700-800 bucks right now and we have weeks of vet visits ahead of us and still the possibility of an amputation of the right front.

I just got back from an interview at PetSmart.  I think it went extremely well.  At PetSmart they have a large first interview, with several people at once.  You all watch a video and then the manager tells you a little about PetSmart, the usual stuff.  Then you all get a quick interview.  I got the manager I was hoping to be interviewed by.  He told me I had great references and more than enough experience for the job.  I might even get the position I want and that's to work on the floor, one on one with the animals.  Otherwise it's to the cash register.  PLEASE don't put me on a register!!!  LOL  I get very flustered when it comes to handling money, especially when I have a long line.  I know those people want to get their stuff, get it paid for and go on their way.  All the while, I'm trying to give the correct change as quickly as possible.  I'd much rather be out on the floor talking to customer's than handling their money.  He said I will definitely be getting a second interview, which is cool.  I'm kind of dissapointed with Petco.  I had to do the questionnaire thing and my guess is, it didn't come back the way they wanted it to.  I don't think people should be judged by what a computer says about them.  It should be about the way they present themselves, how well they can do the job and the managers instincts on the person.  Oh well, we'll just have to see how things work out.  What will be, will be.  I'd better go now.  The kitty needs her pill and I need to give the animals their food and water for the day.

No comments: