Tuesday, November 9, 2004

Made Appointments

I went to my doctor today.  I had been told before that I couldn't make my first appointment until I had confirmed my pregnancy with them.  I needed to bring in a jar with my first morning urine.  We get there with only four minutes to spare before the lab closes.  I'm sure they were pleased to have someone come in at the last minute.  I filled out a form asking the basics, when was my last period and such.  Then we waited for a bit.  She took us (us being me and my mom, Shawn wasn't able to get off work that early, plus it wasn't really important) into the back and did the test.  She came out and asked if I had taken a test at home and when I told her yes, she asked how it had come out and I told her positive.  By now I'm wondering if she's going to say that her's came out negative.  But she did say it was positive and gave me some prenatals.  I had to go up front and make some appointments.  My first appointment is an hour long on the 6th with the nurse.  I have no idea what can be talked about for an hour with the nurse.  My guess is taking an in depth history and just talking about the pregnancy.  Then I had to make another appointment with the doctor.  She told me they would rotate me through doctors and immediately said a doctor's name that isn't my regular doc.  I asked her if it wouldn't be better if I saw my usual doctor and she asked the name, I was then told that MY regular gyno doesn't DO ob!!!!!  I'm soooo mad.  She's such a great doctor and I'm so comfortable with her.  She's also the only female doctor there that is reliable.  It may sound weird to some but I prefer female gyno's, I don't really want a male doctor down THERE.  I know I'll need a pap and an examination but I DO NOT want it to be with one of the male doctors.  I'm going to ask the nurse if I can make a seperate appointment with my regular doctor for those kinds of exams.  I know my doctor previously did OB but I guess at some point and time she decided she didn't want to anymore.  Anyways, my appointment with the doctor is on the 13th.  I don't know how long it will last OR if Shawn will be able to go.  That really sucks.  I was so upset about the fact that MY doctor would no longer be my doctor that I stopped listening after that and just made an appointment for anytime.  Had I been paying attention I would have told her that I needed an appointment later in the day.  I may call back tomorrow but I don't want to end up waiting forever for an appointment. 

I stayed up relatively late for me last night... just past 11 o'clock.  I was hoping to get a glimpse at the Northern Lights.  The last time they were visible here was in '98.  Unfortunately, it was cloudy out.  I may have another chance tonight, IF the clouds clear up.  I'd really like to see it.  I think the pictures are just beautiful, I can't imagine what it would feel like to see it in real life. 

No comments: