Sunday, November 23, 2003

A Calm Day

Not much new today.  Spent the day Christmas shopping and relaxing!  I don't care for the Christmas shopping part though.  I'm not much fun in a crowd of people.  I went to clean out the foster kitties kitty litter boxes and decided to move things around in their inclosure, only to find out that they've been spilling their water repeatedly and now there's mold under the litter box.  I spent a lot longer cleaning out that cage than I thought I would need to.  The girls were happy though, they got to roam around while I was busy.  We bought some kitty toys for them as well today.  They're growing so fast!  Even the momma kitty seems to have gotten bigger.  She has an eye infection right now that isn't clearing up very quickly.  The first picture above is Claire and the second is Minka.  Minka is the momma cat.  Can you see the runny eye?  My youngest foster, whom was feral when I first took her in, has ringworm.  I don't know why I always end up with the ones that have ringworm.  This is my third cat in a row that has ended up with it though.  All of them had it on their ears.  Poor baby is loosing hair on her ears like crazy.  I hope everything is going well at the shelter.  We were supposed to get in a dog and a cat today but I haven't yet spoken to anyone at work so I have no idea how that went.  When I'm not there I'm always wondering how things are going and when I am there I'm wondering how MY animals are doing at home.  I have this deep fear that one day I'm going to leave home for work only to come home later on that night to find out my house has caught on fire and all my animals were stuck in the house.  I'm constantly wanting to call the house just to hear the answering machine so I know that everything is still ok.  For all you people out there, adopt an animal!  Things are going so slowly right now and not just at my shelter.  I've noticed a lot of the area shelters are moving animals slower than usual.  When  you're in rescue you keep up with all the other rescues around you and you try to keep a good relationship with all of them.  Well, I'm going to relax some more and maybe even play some video games, which I don't do very often but what the hell, it's a weekend.

No comments: