Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Why?

Why must there be such idiots in this world when it comes to animals?  We got an email today from a woman who found a cat.  She happened to find this cat at another person's house, asked the person, is that your cat.  They said no and she asked if she could take it.  They told her that she could run it over for all they cared.  They didn't want it on their property because it was a BLACK cat.  Stupid superstitious people!  Thankfully, she took the cat home with her.  He is the cat pictured above.  Unfortunately for us, if we decide to take this cat, there's the small problem that it IS a black cat.  Most people overlook black cats for the flashier kitties and many black cats end up at shelters for years, despite how wonderful of pets they could actually make.  I should know, I'm fostering 2 black cats right now and haven't gotten one damned application on them yet. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some people are just so stupid. I love black cats. I've found that black cats are the best cats in the world. So loving and affectionate. I've owned all colors of cats and the black ones seem to be the best of all. I'd love to have another black cat. The one I have was found in a dumpster when he was 3 weeks old. I've had him ever since.

Bluedragoness