Friday, November 21, 2003

Just another Day

Well, I made it into the shelter today for a little visit.  One of our dogs is going home tomorrow.  Unfortunately, he got into a fight with one of our permanent dogs and now has a rather large gash right next to his eye.  His new owners aren't worried though and will probably take him to the vet first thing Monday morning.  We got in two new geese.  I'm not real fond of geese myself.  The ones we have right now are rather mean but the two new ones don't seem so bad... yet.  We moved our rabbits into the barn while I was sickly.  It's going to be a pain to feed and water them come winter though.  The turkey seems to be doing a little better.  He's getting around on that foot a little better than he was on Monday.  I just hope he keeps getting better and doesn't suddenly go downhill.  That's my boy up above.  We're getting a new volunteer on Sunday.  She does parrot rescues.  I would love to have an African Grey myself.  In other words I'm going to be kissing this lady's butt the entire time she's volunteering for us.  (the reason I say the entire time, is because most of our "volunteers" come once a year and then we don't hear from them for another year)  DH would kill me if one day I came home and said 'Hi honey, look at the rather large bird I've brought with me.'  He's not real in love with my cockatiel as is. 

We won't be taking in the yorkie or one of the border collie's now.  The border collie is being fostered somewhere else and the yorkie's owners decided that they wanted to try and make their relationship with the dog work.  We will still be getting the black cat.  He's the same cat that the people said just to run it over.  Hopefully, his little sob story will get him adopted quicker. 

I'm trying to learn how to cross stitch.  We have a raffle coming up in December and I was going to donate two of these things to it but I have no idea what I'm doing.  Hopefully by the middle of Dec. I'll have figured it out and have them both finished.  I'm off to bed now.  Christmas shopping tomorrow.

No comments: