Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Not Enough Time in a Day

Some days there should be more hours in a day, you know?  I have so much to do and I know I'll never get around to doing half of it.  DH's 8 month old border collie, Mia, got spayed last Wednesday.  When I left to go take care of the turkey, she had 7 staples, when I got home she had 4 1/2.  I say a half because I had to remove one that basically just hanging there and causing more damage than anything.  They said, 'try and keep her calm.'  Anyone that has ever owned a border collie knows that there's no way in hell to keep them "calm."  There is no calm for a BC.  There's run, jump, attack, play and eventually sleep but there's definitely NO CALM!!!  Now, I have to call the vet in the morning because she has a bulge at the surgical site that's at least the size of a golf ball.  We have enough money for gas in the bank right now and I have to take the damned dog to the vet.  See, even an animal rescuer is allowed to call it a damned dog.  I'm hoping it's the dog's fault (aka MY fault) because if not, the vet is going to hear about it over and over again.  After I call the vet, there's kitty litter pans that need cleaned, animals that need fed, bunny pans that need cleaned and a cockatiel that has a dirty cage at the moment.  And that's MY house, not the shelter!  I'm sure I'll find some excuse to put the less important things off till the next day.  I'm the queen of "I'll do it later."  Right now though I have to go tell DH that his darling puppy (puleeezzze!  hey who you calling jealous?) needs to go back to the vet's office. 

No comments: