Friday, February 18, 2005

Baby Clothes

I (finally) put together the glider that I got for Christmas.  I thought it would be a lot harder than it was which is partly why I kept putting it off.  Turned out, the hardest thing was getting the damned cushions to button onto it.  I made a list of the baby clothes and things we have so far.  I don't even know how much to buy or how much we'll need for each size.  Obviously, I'd like to have a good start on all sizes before the baby is born and go from there.  Right now we seem to have more 0-3 months than anything else.  (although we don't even have a lot of those) I want to get one premie outfit just in case the baby is either born early (at least we'll have ONE outfit to bring him home in) or he's born a little small.  I thought we had a lot more recieving blankets than we actually do.  It's a good thing I went up and started counting everything.  Also, since he'll be born in the summer, I don't know how many warmer outfits to get him for 0-3 months.  I'm sure there will be a few nights that are a little on the chilly side.  Plus the A/C will always be on.  I need to buy some books about baby's first year because I'm obviously clueless on most of this stuff.  We're going to look at nursery stuff this weekend.  (and I'm sure buy some more clothes now that we know it's a boy)  There's a cute baby furniture store opening in Niles, Michigan this weekend and me and Shawn are planning on taking a look around. 

Shawn started coming down with either a cold or the flu yesterday.  He's felt awful all day today.  The guy he works with on third shift, told him he could go take a nap because it was obvious how sick he was.  He doesn't want to miss any work right now for obvious reasons.  If he's not better on Saturday, we won't be going anywhere this weekend.  Poor guy got stuck working six days this week.  I'm sure he wishes that it had been last week since he's sick now.

I'm putting this clothing guide at the end of my journal for the people who know me and wanted this information.  And for myself as well.  When it's on the internet, it's kind of hard to accidently throw it away.  It's how old the baby will be during these months. 

0-3 :: June-September

3-6 :: September-December

6-9 :: December-March

9-12 :: March-June

No comments: