Monday, April 25, 2005

Baby coming Soon

The weekend was an interesting one.  On Friday, I started feeling some crampiness in pelvis and groin.  I was told it was nothing to worry about but not to go running any marathon's.  By Sunday, it was obvious that the baby had "dropped."  (when the baby drops in the pelvis to get ready for birth) I did some reading and saw that usually means (for a first time pregnancy) that the baby could come between 2 and 4 weeks.  That would mean I could go to into labor at 37 weeks or as early as tomorrow.  37 weeks is the week that they stop considering a baby born a premie.  It's still not full term though.  (40 weeks) I'm really getting a little worried that this little guy is going to try and come out too early.  I don't want anything to be wrong with him and I don't want to have to come home without him.  My doctor told me to call back if the cramps get worse or I start to have contractions.  (I have a doctor's appointment on Monday the 2nd)

The boys got a move on this weekend and got the walls up for the nursery.  Now we just have the finishing work and painting to go.  Shawn plans on finishing the drywall and whatnot before the weekend so that the primer and paint can go up.  I'll be much less nervous when I know my kid has a room and then I can start putting everything together.  Well, I'd better go get some food in me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although it seems scary when they come early, Shelby was thiry five  weeks and she was okay . She did have breathing problems that kept her in a few extra days.