Thursday, April 21, 2005

Just Frustrated all Around

The closer we get to the due date, the more nervous I get.  The last few days I've been having VERY mild cramps and I'm just waiting for them to turn into full blown.  Plus I have pressure in my lower abdomen which could be baby getting ready.  I still have so much to do so he'd better just stay where he is.  Otherwise he's not going to have a room to sleep in, sheets to sleep on, etc.  There's plenty of nights that I wish Shawn was on first shift so I him HERE in case something starts to happen.  I know he'd make it to the hospital on time but it's much more comforting having him sitting across the room.  Plus, at least twice a day now, I get nauseous, it's like morning sickness all over again.  I packed the baby's hospital bag last night.  (yes already)  I get in the mood to do SOMETHING baby and since I can't decorate, I do other little things.

Takoda went in for x-rays today.  Her blood tests all came back negative and normal so now they want to check for cancer or some growths around her heart and lungs.  I also sent in a stool sample with her and they're supposed to listen more closely to her heart today.  When I talked to the vet yesterday she seemed just as confused about what's wrong with this dog as we are.  She called this morning but I hadn't gotten up yet.  I don't know what exactly that could mean.  It's hard to tell with vet's, they don't give anything away with their ton of voice unless your animal has died.  It would be a relief if they found out WHAT is causing her rapid weight loss.  It's so much more frustrating NOT knowing what's going on.  She'll be picked up at 5pm, so we should know a little more by then, even if it's that there's nothing they could find.  Cody is doing better today than yesterday.  He seemed really depressed yesterday and would hardly lift his head.  Today he's much more perky and alert.  He's just gotten sick of being stalled.  His wound is half closed but appears to be draining something again.  He's frustrating too because he doesn't appear to be in any pain and yet we're being told that it could be major surgery eventually.  Call me impatient but I like to know NOW rather than later what is going to happen with my animals.

No comments: