Wednesday, April 27, 2005

This is a long one

Last night was an emotional one for me.  Must be hormones.  I'm getting a little overwelmed with everything that has yet to be done before the baby is born.  If I knew EXACTLY when he was coming, I wouldn't be in such a panic but unless you're getting induced or a c-section, you don't know that little bit of information.  My dad recently emailed me and asked for a list of some of the things we still needed.  So (for the SECOND time) I made him a list after figuring out what we already we going to buy and what others were going to buy and sent it to him.  I asked him in the letter to please tell me what they were planning on getting so that me and Shawn could buy whatever is left over on the list.  I talked to his wife the other day and she claims that my dad has no plans on buying anything at all until after the baby is born.  There are things on that list we need BEFORE he's born.  She claims that he doesn't want to buy duplicates of stuff that others already bought.  Then what exactly did I make the list up for in the first place?  I think he just doesn't want to spend his precious money if he doesn't have to.  (they make PLENTY of money a year to support three families, they have no kids and only a cat as a pet) I don't expect handouts.  I wouldn't have asked him to buy ANYTHING but he asked ME to give him a list.  Why ask for the list if you're not going to use it?  He seems to think we're getting handouts left and right from family and friends.  When in reality, me and Shawn have paid for almost everything ourselves, aside from a few outfits, the crib and swing.  Here I was thinking that he might take a little of the pressure off of us.  I just know that if I had the kind of money he has and I could help out my family in ANY way, I would do it in a heartbeat.  But I don't value money the same way he does.  I feel like I sound like a total brat here but like I said, it's not the money itself that annoys me, it's the fact that he had me make up the list in the first place when he has no plans of buying anything at all.  I don't know why I bothered sending the list in the first place when I know how he is and knew how it would turn out.

I getup about every two hours now to pee.  The other day I woke up thinking, geez I can't wait till this kid is born so I won't have to do this anymore.  Hmmm.  Then the lightbulb came on.  I WILL have to do this, I'll just be feeding a baby or trying to get it back to sleep, instead of a quick trip to the bathroom.  I keep telling myself those long nights won't last forever.  Everyone tells me maybe I'll get lucky and have a baby that sleeps.  I doubt that. 

Cody is looking better from what I hear.  I haven't been out to look at him because of the rain.  I really hope his leg heals and that's the end of it.  Takoda is also doing better.  She's eating a little better now and even barking once and a while.  Whereas before, she just laid around and looked depressed.  Now that she's moving around, I have to watch the other dogs more carefully due to the fact that they like to fight with her.  We have to get August, Mia and April to the vet soon to get on heartworm.  I plan on having them all spend a LARGE amount of time outside this summer and want them to be protected.  Mia likes to bark for no reason so I don't want her to wake the baby up and August likes to attack the other dogs for no reason, April is just really hyper. 

Monday I have a doctor's appointment at 3:45.  I have more questions for him this time than I have anyother time because of the events this past weekend.  I found out last night that Monday is also Paul's court date.  Who do you think he volunteered to take him?  If you guessed Shawn, you're right.  Shawn usually gets home at 7am and Paul is getting off work at 7am.  In other words, he has to stay at work an hour longer to wait for Paul, drive him to the courthouse, wait for him again and then drive him ALL the way back to work.  He probably won't get home till noon.  Only to have to go with me a few hours later to my doctor's appointment.  I'm really starting to feel like Paul is taking advantage of us.  Last weekend, Shawn had to work on a Friday and Paul told him he had all this important crap he needed to get taken care of, so Shawn got up early, picked him up, only to find out the only thing Paul had to do was go to the bank and Walmart.  Something he could've very easily done on the weekend AND had his girlfriend take him to do.  (I cannot stand her) It's like he thinks because he helped us get the nursery done that it means that we owe him big time, well I think that debt has been paid and then some.  With everything else that we have to deal with, you'd think he'd back off a little bit. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really, the baby need little except your breasts and lots of holding.  I think what you need is some nurturing. You need someone to spoil you some right now...I am sorry that I can not be there for you.
love, Kas