Wednesday, April 6, 2005

No Vacation is Relaxing

Well as if this trip (vacation my ass, when you have THIS many animals, it'd be more of a vacation to stay home... sheesh) wasn't complicated enough, April went into heat last night.  Now I have to figure out exactly what I'd like Paul to do with her.  She should be ok outside.  We have electric horse fence going along our dog yard so the only way a male is going to get in is if he gets zapped.  As of right now, I'm just going to ask him to crate her when he leaves the house.  I haven't been panicked much since we decided to go, until last night.  Now I'm making lists like crazy and trying to figure out what we need, what could possibly happen that could make us need something else.  It doesn't help that we're taking August and Mia with us.  Not only do I have to remember human stuff but dog stuff too.  I swear, the dog's list of must haves is longer than mine!!  Tomorrow is our last full day at home before we leave Thursday night.  Poor Paul has a book to read about the animals.  I'm just so paranoid that something will happen and he won't know what to do so I've written down EVERYTHING he could possibly need and if it's not written down he knows to call the cell phone.  I'm sure I'll call here at least once this weekend to check on everything.  He's bringing his dog with him while he house sits and that adds to my stress.  He owns a teacup chihuahua that my dogs could easily swallow whole.  I'm leaving him a cat carrier to use as her dog crate while he feeds my dogs.  I'd better get to printing all this stuff out for him. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate to leave my fur babies, too. The lst time the girl let the skunk out and she got under the hutch and pooped all over the place, which did not endear her to my husband. The birds never seem to have clean water...it goes on and on...and once she let the goldfish pond get so low that raccoons ate all my fish!  Some of them had been members of the family for ten years!

On the other hand, packing all this stuff is good training for going somewhere with a baby!