Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Check-up For Cody

We had the vet out yesterday for Cody's check-up.  He cleaned it up really good and wrapped it back up.  Cody is once again stuck in a stall until his next appointment.  Dr. Chris doesn't seem real hopeful that it didn't hit the bone.  He seems to think that Cody was kicking at something (like a fly) and his leg hit the fence.  He thinks the fence may have hit his bone and that's where the infection originated.  If that is the case, we'll have to choose between surgery and euthanizing him.  He told us yesterday that the surgery is expensive.  (we already knew that from the last visit though)  He says it's still just a waiting game to see what happens.  We have to make an appointment to have his leg x-rayed in a week or so.  He was a real pain in the ass yesterday so I can only imagine how he'd be with an x-ray machine.  (they had to sedate him TWICE) For now we have to give him tons more antibiotics, try to keep his bandage from falling off, and keep him quiet.  None of those things are proving easy, especially now that he knows what the antibiotics taste like. 

I just heard about the newest hostage in Iraq.  He lives within miles of me, literally.  I feel awful for his family.  You know they'll never let him come home alive now.  On top of knowing that he's probably going to die, they're going to have to hear about it on tv everyday.  Especially once he's died.  They'll have to watch those videos of his very last moments.  I get that the news has to report what is going on in the world and that it's even bigger news if it's happening to someone that lives within the viewing area of the broadcast but I hope they take the families feelings into consideration when they're showing awful things like that.  I know I wouldn't want to sit there and see guns held to my dad's head over and over again throughout the day. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your horse...I'm pretty sure Cody is a horse. lol My journal is no longer called Fuzzie Days it's My Life As I Know It so you can check it out if you want. Take care. ~Krista~

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry about both the horse and the hostage situation. I alway feel so bad for the families...

Anonymous said...

Jamie
This is Pop I am heart broken you know how I feel about cody,Riz, and danni I am setting here looking at pic's and thinking about them and the time I got to work with them and I would not go back and change one thing they are still in my heart and they always will be just like you and jason and shawn and your mom you all are a part of me and know matter what i WILL ALWAYS BE BY YOUR SIDE
Talk to you soon.
Love Pops