Sunday, June 19, 2005

It's BORN

I went into labor last Thursday (the 9th) and (so all that wasn't false labor) but I started getting a fever so we called the doctor and went into the hospital around 10pm.  I was in labor till 7:06.  It turns out the ultrasound tech was wrong, IT'S A GIRL.  She was born on her due date, June 10th. (which is rare for a baby to actually be born on her due date)  After two days we finally named her, Jasmine Kayla.  She was 6lbs. 8oz., 19 1/2 inches long.  After she was born, they found that I had an infection in my uterine lining and it caused my uterus not to contract properly.  I was bleeding for 45 minutes before they could finally get it to stop.  I was on IV antibiotics for days and then I had to take a week of oral antibiotics.  I pushed for an hour before she was born.  She had the cord wrapped around her neck but it wasn't tight so she didn't have any problems from that.  I'm going to post pictures soon but for obvious reasons I don't have a lot of time to do anything right now.  As soon as I have time I'll also write about the labor and delivery when I'm feeling up to it.  I've been pretty exhausted since due to everything that happened after the delivery so today is the first time I've even gotten on the computer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A girl!!!!!!!!  That happened to my SIL....

Sounds like you had a rough time...I wish I was there to help...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!  Jasmine is a lovely name!  Were you all ready for a boy?  Do you have what you need for a girl?  I am glad all is well!  Get some rest every chance you can!  You are going to need it!  Take care!  Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I bet your glade it's a girl. ~Christa~