Tuesday, June 7, 2005

No progression

Well, I'm 3 days from my due date and still there seems to be no end in sight.  I'm just as pregnant today as I was yesterday and the day before.  We have our final doctor's appointment tomorrow and will have my membranes stripped in hopes of getting my labor started.  I am obviously not looking forward to this very painful appointment.  I've been told that if I have to give birth, I should be able to deal with having them stripped.  I feel that no pain is fun and just because I will HAVE to give birth (unless c-section is required) doesn't mean I should look forward to this appointment.  If this doesn't cause my labor then I will be induced next week sometime.  We'll find out more about that tomorrow.  I would prefer to have my labor start naturally as I am terrified of needles and the pitocin is given through IV.  I can handle the IV if I'm already in a lot of pain, otherwise, no thank you.  It would be hell to get me to the hospital if I already know I have to get stuck.  A ridiculous thing to fear to most people but I can't help it. 

We moved the couch and loveseat into the nursery yesterday and after moving the baby stuff several (SEVERAL) times, I was finally satisfied with how it ended up looking.  It's cramped but I'm not looking to win any design awards on this one.  Now I have no reason to put off packing my bag for the hospital.  No more excuses, except for laziness.  Well, I'm off to blow dry my hair and try to find something productive to do besides sleeping.

No comments: