Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Baby Shower

Half the house has come down with a cold, at least I hope it's just a cold.  I'm sure I'll catch it in a few days.  One of my fears when I got pregnant was that I'd get sick and THEN go into labor.  How are you expected to push something out of you when you're sick? 

We have a guy coming today to fix the drywall.  Paul really did a number on it.  This guy is supposed to know what he's doing.  I just hope he doesn't manange to screw it up worse.  I'd really like to be done with drywall and all the building crap. 

I had my baby shower over the weekend.  It was exhausting.  It's not easy to sit there for two hours, smiling the entire time and then being the person that everyone is supposed to be talking to.  I felt like a monkey (or a hippo) at the zoo.  We got a lot of crib sheets (which we desperately needed), my mom got us our baby swing that I wanted and many other things.  I'm just not much in the mood to write today I guess, otherwise I'd list everything.  I made cupcakes with blue and white frosting.  We had blue and white balloons, blue and white m&m's.  The table cloth, plates, cups and napkins all had babies on them with different sayings.  One of my aunt's wasn't able to come due to a story she's doing, she sent her husband as a stand in.  You'd think it would've been awkward, having a guy there with all those women, but then you'd have to know my uncle Perry to know that it wasn't.  They're going to come back when the baby is born to take pictures.  (they're both professional photographers and take much better pictures than I ever could)  My uncle could've won every prize that was there for the games but he fudged all but one of them so no one would know that he'd gotten ALL the answers.  One of the girls asked if we had a name for the baby and if we were telling anyone the name.  My uncle claimed he could guess if I gave him the first letter and the amount of letters in the name.  I refused.  I know he would've guessed it even though it's not a common name. 

I have so many emails to write.  I just haven't been in the mood to sit here and write them.  I basically have just been wanting to lay on the couch all day except for the occasional bout of nesting.  I really need to get on it today though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rest all you can, sweetie.