Thursday, May 26, 2005

Walk-in Appointment

Had my 38 week doctor's appointment today.  At least I thought I did.  Apparently, my doctor's appointment was TWO DAYS ago.  Whoops.  I could've sworn it wasn't till today.  They were able to fit me in anyways though.  And I got in sooner than I normally would have.  It was a little bit embarrassing.  I felt like an idiot.  At any rate, the doctor did an internal.  (OUCH) And we're 1cm dilated and he says pretty thinned out.  (I'm going to take that as 50-60%) He says I'm doing really well considering this is my first pregnancy.  He also said that the baby seems to be of normal size and not too big.  I got the numbers from my glucola test today too.  Too high is 140, my score was 135.  That was a close one.  We have another appointment on Wednesday of next week.  It was supposed to be on Friday but I had it changed because I don't want to see the other doctor.  Shawn looked a little more nervous when the doc said we were dilated.  It's really starting to hit him that there's not much time left. 

We'll start painting the nursery this weekend.  It's a long weekend so we should get a lot accomplished.  In a perfect world anyways.  We're also going to be buying whatever baby stuff is left on our list this weekend.  And I get to have my haircut.  I want to do it before he's born because I don't know when I'll have another chance. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 13 days left.  You're almost there.

Ana

Anonymous said...

Any time now!!!!  How exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

We jsut found out my neighbor is expecting. I wish you lived closer so we could spoil you!