Thursday, May 12, 2005

Nine months

I'm still finding it hard to comprehend that at some point and time, I am going to go into labor and this wiggly thing in my stomach is going to want out.  I don't even think about that.  I say things like, it's so and so amount of days till my due date but it doesn't really mean anything.  It's going to be a shock when it actually happens.  My brain is screaming, you can't do this, figure out how to get out of it, call in sick!!!  Call in sick?  Yes, I know but that's what I keep hearing.  Like if I say I don't feel like it today that I won't have to do it when the time comes.  There's a part of my brain that is in full panic mode and is searching for any possible means to avoid going through labor.  It does the same thing when I have to go get a shot or blood drawn.  I usually give in, at least for a week or two, when its something that simple.  I'll officially be nine months tomorrow and one week from full term.  Yikes.

We were going to go to a race up in Michigan this weekend but with the way the weather is looking, I'm thinking we may just stay home.  Don and his wife said they couldn't go so the only other option was to go with Paul and his girlfriend.  That makes the whole idea even less appealing.  I really hope he breaks up with this girl before the baby is born because I REALLY don't EVER want her around my kid.  I don't care if he can't understand what she's saying, eventually he will be able to and I know he'll be able to tell that MY mood changes when she's in a room.  I just can't see him being with her forever and if he is, well then he's not as smart as I thought he was.  I wish she could see herself and realize that the way she talks is not "cool" and she seems to be the only person that thinks it is.  There's times when I wanted to go to OTHER people's tables and put my hands over their kids ears, just in case they were within hearing range.  Well, I should really do something productive.  My brother stayed home today (didn't wake up to his alarm) and I'm sure by the end of the day he will have trashed the living room.  I just cleaned it last night so that's wonderful.

No comments: