Friday, May 20, 2005

Full Term

I've been a big whiner today.  I keep telling Shawn it's not fair that I'm sick AND nine months pregnant.  I sound like a two year old.  My poor brother has a huge white spot above his uvula. (the hangy ball at the back of your throat) It looks really uncomfortable.  I noticed today that I was getting some spots in the same place.  I hope it's just a coincidence.  I've gotten those before when I was sick and never noticed any pain with them.  I woke up this morning feeling a little better and then felt like crap later and now I feel almost fine.  My body keeps making me think I'm better and I get my hopes up, only to realize I'm still sickly. 

The baby is REALLY feeling low today.  If I sit on the floor, sometimes I swear he could touch the ground through my stomach if he kicked hard enough.  He's been squirming nonstop for the past few days.  I wonder if he feels sick or if he's just being a snot?  I hope he's not too big.  Everyday he feels bigger and bigger.  I'm worried he'll turn out to be a ten pound baby and I know there's no way he's coming out any way other than c-section if he's that big.  After my glucola test came back high, I did cut back on sweets.  I hope none of it effected him anyways and it was just a fluke that my levels were so high.  I constantly feel like I have to pee now.  It's similar to having a urinary tract infection.  I run to the bathroom even if I was just in there and there's nothing there.  It's really frustrating when you wake up in the middle of the night and think you have to pee and you don't.  You walk all the way down the stairs in the dark only to get there and think great now what.  I won't miss that part of pregnancy. 

Today I'm 37 weeks pregnant.  That makes the baby technically full term.  At least we know that no matter when I go into labor from this point on, he won't be a premie. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that feeling...needing to pee all the time. Wait...it hasn't gone away!!