Monday, May 9, 2005

My weekend

It should take me a while to write this entry.  A little while ago, I went to put the senegal parrot in another cage.  She's normally fairly handtame but does have her bouts of being quite a mean bird.  Today when I went to pick her up, she bit into my finger and wouldn't let go.  She ended up biting through my nail and into my finger.  I can only imagine how that nail will look when it finally grows out.  (the bite is where the nail initially starts growing)  I don't know what I'm going to do with her.  She screams all day.  She used to only scream when one of us left the room for a moment or two and she'd usually stop.  Now she screams even if we're sitting right next to her cage.  The only relief we get is to put her in another room and leave her there.  I'm thinking of moving her into another room permanently but I'm worried that once the baby is born, her screaming will wake him.  I just don't know how much longer I can stand to deal with the constant screaming.  It'll come down to getting rid of her or moving her. 

We ended up going out with Paul and his girlfriend on Friday.  I was not exactly friendly.  I didn't want to go in the first place but both me and Shawn knew that Paul wouldn't give up until we had dinner with them sometime during the weekend so we decided to get it over with early on.  I was grouchy, the restraunt was unbelievably HOT and that made me feel sick to my stomach.  All I wanted to do was leave.  I think she made one or two attempts to talk to me but I was pretty much silent the entire night.  It's hard to get Paul to understand that at almost nine months pregnant, I'm not always going to want to be polite or even tolerable.  Men are idiots sometimes.  Shawn seems to understand pretty good what I'm going through with all the uncomfortableness that goes along with pregnancy.  Paul on the otherhand, seems to just think that I put on a little weight and that's it.  We (me and shawn) want to go to a race up in Michigan this weekend but we didn't want to go alone.  Paul already knows we're thinking of going so if we don't invite him and his girlfriend, he'll be upset.  On the otherhand, we could go with another couple and actually have a good time.  We seem to be gravitating more towards people who have children and are trying to start their life, rather than the ones that have no idea where they're going.  We also had Paul over on Saturday to help with the nursery.  (me and my mom went shopping)  After a few hours, Shawn called me and asked if me and my mom wanted to get something to eat.  (I made sure there would be no girlfriend tagging along, otherwise I would've prefered to starve) We ended up going out to get Mexican food.  During our meal, Paul's gf called and he explained to her that we were eating and he'd call her after we left.  I swear, within ten minutes of getting in the car, she text messaged him asking him if there was something wrong because he hadn't called her all day!  He was with her the entire day EXCEPT for the three hours that he'd been with us.  We ended up dropping Paul off at a gas station to meet her.  She looked quite pissed.  We tried calling Paul later on in the night and he acted like if he spoke to us for more than a minute that he'd get in "trouble."  If that's the way it's going to be after dating some girl for a few weeks then he can spend every weekend with her and we'll go over to our other friends houses.

Me and my mom went to Walmart yesterday and I was going to get some maternity capris.  The only thing I've worn during this entire pregnancy has been sweatpants (black so they look a little like dress pants) and a pair of khakis.  I had forgotten how large a pair of capris can make your butt look.  I almost started balling in the changing room, Shawn called at that moment and I bit his head off for no reason.  (later I said I was sorry if that makes any difference!) I ended up getting a pair of black shorts.  I didn't remember that I felt bigger than I was in capris even before I got pregnant until we were almost home.  That made me feel a little better.  Shawn bought me a cute shirt and that made me feel a lot better.  =() Nothing that a little shopping couldn't cure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Babies usually adapt to the normal sounds of their household.  That said, our cockatoo woke Mandy up all the time.