Tuesday, August 10, 2004

2nd Interview at Magrane

Mood :: Very sleepy

I got very little in the way of sleep last night.  I had to get up at 9am to call the vet and let her know that I would definitely be there at 2:30, and to find out what the interview would entail today.  She told me I'd be interviewed by several different people, a vet tech, one of the vets, herself and a vet assistant.  I get there right about when I was supposed to, a few minutes early.  It started with Kim, as usual.  She gave me a few tips on what they were looking for in my answers.  Mainly to show that I'm empathetic towards the whole process, the animals and people.  She left to get the tech, Jenn.  I don't think the tech really cared for me, for whatever reason.  She asked me a few very brief questions and I don't think she even really listened to my answers.  Then, doc came in.  I really liked him.  He was very easy to talk to and just seemed like he really wanted me to get the job.  ; )  Big plus for me.  We talked for quite a while.  He asked the usual interview questions;  What do you believe you can bring with you to Magrane?  Where do you see yourself in five years?  etc., etc.  At the end of my interview with him I decided to bite the bullet and asked him what he thought my chances were of actually getting this job, considering I don't even previous veterinary experience, other than my volunteer work and no schooling to speak of.  He said not to doubt myself and that my chances were really good.  He said my medical background, considering I don't have previous employment experience or schooling, is excellent.  And that he believes I'm applying for all the right reasons.  He told me that even if I weren't to get hired at Magrane that he strongly recommends that I continue putting in my resume and applications at other vets in the area.  He said it would be sad to see my talent go to waste.  Woohoo.  Then he went to get the next person to interview me.  She was in charge of asking all the questions and figuring out if I was mentally cut out for the position.  She had a paper with 47 questions on it and she said you can interpret them how you want and that she could in no way help me with the questions.  She read them all aloud to me and I answered them as best I could.  I think I did pretty well inthat area too.  I got her to smile quite a few times and even got a laugh or two from her.  Then she told me someone would be calling me probably in the middle of the week.  Now it's more waiting to see what's next, whether I get hired or have to have more interviews.  Oh yeah, I was the only person they had scheduled for second interviews this week and I was the first person they called for a second interview.  Ok, Ok, I really need to get some sleep now.  Zzzzz Zzzzzz Zzzzz

No comments: