Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Long Hours

Well, today was my second day at the vet clinic.  So far I haven't gotten to do a whole lot.  It's been a lot of paper work and things I need to read.  Tomorrow I start in the ward, which is where we keep all our boarders and animals that are sick but not contagious or critical.  I have to be there at 6:45am.  Talk about early.  I have to leave forty five minutes early or else I'm late to work.  It's a small drive for me.  We'll start by walking all the dogs, feeding and watering everyone, cleaning out the runs, cleaning cat cages and litter boxes and then giving any medications that are needed.  It's going to be a really long day.  I work till close at 5:30 and we usually don't get out till six.  I get a two and a half hour lunch so I'm just going to come home for a little while.  I soooo wish we didn't have to be there that early.  That's my hours for the next two weeks until I start on out patient.  Well, I'm going to go now.  I need to get ready to go to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I haven't stopped into your jpurnal in a while, I am glad I did today! Congrats on getting the Vet Job!! Woohoo... you deserve it! How has your sleeping been... bet getting up that early will make you go to bed earlier!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the death of your little bird. Please don't beat yourself up about this...things just happen and we can't change things.