Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Poor Tasha

Well, tonight was pretty gross.  I was watching tv/playing solitaire when I noticed Tasha (our 12 year old shetland sheepdog) getting up.  She has pretty bad arthritis and usually doesn't get up unless she wants water or to go outside.  She moved over to another dog bed and I noticed there was a smell.  I got up to look and saw that the bed she had been sleeping in looked wet.  I then went over to her and lifted her back leg (which she found rather undignified let me tell you) and saw that she had a large amount of poop in her hair.  I eventually talked myself into giving her a bath (keep in mind that it's about 1am at this time, the last thing I want to do is wash a poopy dog or ANY dog for that matter) She looked miserable the whole time.  She's the type of dog that NEVER did anything wrong and when she would, she would be obviously upset about doing something that we dissaproved of.  So for her to go to the bathroom in the house was something that obviously pained her.  I cleaned her up and put her on her favorite dog bed.  I brushed her hair (which she hates) and then I clipped some of her hair from around her rear end in case it happens again.  I feel terrible for her.  She looks at me like she's completely traumatized by this whole thing or like she thinks that she's going to die any time now.  We're going to make her a vet appointment and probably have some bloodwork done.  Poor dog.  I wish I could communicate with her and find out what she's feeling and explain to her everything will be ok.  It's a big vet bill at a bad time that's for sure.

Everything with the baby is the same.  I've got some pain in my abdominal muscles, much like those when you do too many sit-ups.  I'm trying to think if I've laughed too hard in the last few days or not.  That would've done it with the way my muscles are completely stretched out now.  My chest has literally doubled in size since I got pregnant.  I don't like that at all.  Same with my stomach and I"m sure both will only get bigger before they get smaller.  Well, I need to go try and sleep.  I was so tired earlier but then all that stuff happened with the dog and I haven't been sleepy since.

No comments: