Monday, January 31, 2005

Bad Bad dogs

I woke up yesterday morning to my mom yelling out the backdoor at the dogs, who were of course fighting.  No dog was injured this time around, for once.  My mom has a scratched up foot (dog nails) and I some how got a nasty bruise on my hand.  I never even touched the dogs while they were fighting so it had to happened when I was running to them.  They stopped fighting and very calmly walked to the backdoor, TOGETHER.  Idiots. 

My grandma stopped by today.  I was taking a nap so I'm sure she thinks that all I do is sleep now.  For whatever reason, she seems to think that all I do is sit in the house, sleep and watch tv.  A few weeks ago I was talking to her about when I drove myself to an OB appointment and she made a big deal about it like it was a mircle to get me to go somewhere by myself.  I just prefer not to drive in general and especially not while I'm pregnant.  (my eyesight has gotten worse since preggo from hormones, they'll go back to normal after the baby is born for now I can't see a thing)  I just don't get her sometimes.  It seems like she thinks that the only thing that happens here is what she sees with her own eyes.  Plus, we constantly get comments about how many animals we have.  Trust me, if we could lie about it and get away with her not knowing, just so we don't have to deal with the lectures, we would.  She also tries to tell me how I should or should not discpline my dogs.  She doesn't understand that just because my crazy austrailian shepherd doesn't bite her while she's facing her, doesn't mean she won't the second she turns her back.  So when MY dog goes to bite her, she gets smacked on the butt and then I get yelled at.  Everytime I swear up and down that next time I'll just let her get bit but I know I won't actually do it.  It's just hard for "normal" people to understand how we can live with this many animals and be happy with them... most of the time. 

Well there's not much new to tell.  Weekend was pretty boring.  I didn't get much sleep, nor did I see Shawn very much.  Our friend Paul brought his truck over to be worked on and a job that should've taken a few hours, ended up taking the entire weekend until7pm last night.  It needed to be done though.  His rotars were bad enough that he should've had an accident by now.  Well, I'm going to go try and get some sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've added two rats (rescued from being snake food), two mice (ditto), and two turtles to our animal family since I was last online!