Friday, July 4, 2008

It continues

Well, husband failed his test.  What I had done last night was go looking for his stash.  I found two closed packs, one open.  I took one of the closed packs and hid it where he would absolutely never find it.  This way I would know without a doubt whether or not he bought any more packs.  This evening, after he went to sleep, I went out to see what had happened.  He had smoked the entire two remaining packs and bought two more.  It's like being stabbed in the chest all over again.  I had to ask him when he was planning on getting the script filled in order for him to actually go and do it.  I'm on speaking terms with him, although I doubt I would've bothered if I didn't have family shit going on this weekend where I had to play nice.  Plus, with the other stuff going on, I really need my husband to actually be there for me.  I'm just very torn at the moment.  I can't stand to be in the same room with him and act normal but at the same time, I need him.  But I can't trust him.  He says he's going to finish the last of what he has while he's taking the Chantix.  It makes it difficult to believe when he's bought two more packs in the last 24 hours.  Anything he says is difficult to believe.  I'm having a hard time dealing with it all.  He's going to be warned when he gets up that if he buys anymore and I find them, they're gone.  At the same time, if I tell him that, it just shows that I'm onto him and he'll try to hide it better.  I just don't know what to do.  He claims to have been feeling guilty the entire time but he made the decision, I'm not going to feel badly for him and his guilt.  The only nice thing to come out of this, is that he is pretty much forced to do whatever I want in order to keep the peace.  He was planning on going fishing on Saturday.  I had come into the bedroom and asked him not to make plans for Saturday as far as fishing went so that I didn't have to listen to him on the 4th about how early he has to get up.  All it took was a second of me starting to get pissed and he said he wouldn't go.  And I'm so over his fishing.  He's always going and I always get to listen to the fact that he has to go to bed early to get up at the crack of dawn to try and catch things that he has no plans on eating.  I'm sick of a lot of things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry that you have had so much trouble going on.  I pray the baby is ok and that your husband can quit smoking.. Linda